Sunday, January 4, 2015

Welcome to 2015

No-counting didn't work.
Partially holidays/family in town, partially... I dunno... a total lack of self control?
I'm not sure. It wasn't good. I felt awful all the time and wasn't making good food choices.

Working on changing that.

Food log for today!
Breakfast: coffee with soy milk (50 cal for two cups), smoothie made with spinach, cherries, a pear, and a splash of soy milk (185)
Snack: an orange (65)
Lunch: homemade bean burger on a sandwich thin with hummus plus a salad of spinach, red pepper, tomato, and artichokes (284 for the burger+bun, 75 for the salad)
Workout! 10 minutes elliptical, 10 minutes treadmill (a mile and change), 20 minutes weightlifting, 10 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes stretching. MFP low estimate says 257.
Post-workout: silken tofu blended with half a packet of hot chocolate and refrigerated to make this lovely high-protein chocolate mousse (150)
Dinner: a ton of oven-roasted broccoli, another bean burger with hummus (no bun this time), and a couple artichoke quarters (309)

So that's 1,118-257=861 net right now. I don't really believe that I burned that much at the gym, though. I dunno. I also have to go to this thing for work where they're going to make us try new foods that we're offering. Hopefully a max of like two things will be vegan, so I'll probably net like 900-1000 today. Not bad.

A little worried about tomorrow. Going over to a college friend's house for dinner because I haven't seen her in forever. It'll be nice, but she said she's making a twist on pasta primavera which is... y'know... pasta. So that's not great. I said I'd bring wine, too. (Well, I said either wine or dessert.)
My thought at the moment is to do a huge cardio blast after I lift weights at the gym in the morning, burn like 500 calories or whatever, then have a protein-y smoothie and a salad throughout the day so I don't go crazy on the carbs in the evening.
In exactly one week I'll be in NYC for auditions. I'd like to drop 5 pounds between now and then, and I think I can do it.

Stay strong, babes.
<3
--The Dancer

3 comments:

  1. Your food logs always sound amazing. I've not eaten much tofu but that mousse is a great idea.

    Good luck tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be fine. Maybe you could make something you feel comfortable with to take as a dessert, so there's a safe option?

    Take care lovely <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god, look, it's Bella! (stares up)
    I love how Bella and I are so frequented as to comment on your posts. it makes me feel warm. this familiarity.
    not sure about the estimate there. you should totally invest in one of those snazzy Polar watches. my gym sold me a chest strap and the calories are displayed on the screen when we're in classes. i recommend those straps and watches or whatever. they are SO efficient at tracking your cals!
    you literally eat so clean that i even feel good just reading it.
    i just looked up pasta primavera. it could be worse dear <3
    sounds like a plan.
    take me with you to NYC. i want to have a good time around you <3
    i love you.
    and i missd you loads.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, look, it's Sam! *stares up*
    I love our little blogger family.
    (Sorry for hijacking your post <3)

    ReplyDelete