Sunday, November 10, 2013

And now I'll write about weight and other things you come here to read about.

So I weigh 137 as of this morning.
I'm hoping that at least a pound of that is alcohol-and-carb bloat that I'll get rid of today just by drinking lots of water and avoiding simple carbs.
So let's say I'm at 136 tomorrow morning.
I have no shows for 14 weeks. In two and a half weeks we'll be done with classes/finals until January and I won't be around people a whole lot.

So, naturally, I'm picturing the start of next term as my big moment to reveal a stronger, slimmer body.

The plan right now is to focus on healthy, protein-rich foods, lots of water, and exercising every day. I want to eat between 800 and 1500 calories a day and get between 40 and 100 grams of protein. That wide range is because I want to start lifting again, and in order to make gains in lifting, you need to eat. So on days that I lift, up to 1500 calories, mostly protein). Ideally, I'll cut out all grains except for couscous, brown rice, and oatmeal.
An average day would look like:
Breakfast: oatmeal with peanut butter and raisins
Lunch: bean-based dish and fruit
Dinner: tofu and vegetables
This will be added to/subtracted from based on how many calories/how much protein I need in a given day. I should average around 1200 calories a day, which, according to My Fitness Pal (hahaha), means that if I don't exercise, I'll lose 1.6 pounds a week. Assuming I burn about 300 calories through exercise every day, that will actually be 2.2 pounds a week. Further assuming that I do in fact weigh 136 tomorrow morning and that I stick to this for the next 8 weeks (until term starts), I'll be down to 118.4 for the start of term.
(Honestly, I think I'd be happy under 123.)

It's a bit after three pm. Today I've had:
1.5 cups pinto bean stew
An orange
Coffee with sweet n low (I've somehow developed a fear of plain sugar, but not sugar-y things. Huh.)
32 oz of water

I have a metric shitton of work to do for the coming week, so I don't think I'm going to get to go to the gym today. The food plan for the rest of the day is to go to the dining hall this evening (probably around 7) and have spinach and tofu and maybe another piece of fruit (I've really been craving oranges lately).  That would leave me at under 500 calories and about 40 grams of protein.

I feel strong. I feel like I've spent most of this term taking care of other people, and now it's time to focus on myself and my body.

Finally.

Hoping to give you a positive update tomorrow,
<3
--The Dancer

1 comment:

  1. ah! 137 is a splendid number just to say. remember - once you were striving for that same number, just to lessen the tension. and omg. carbs. 0_0 my friends.
    ah. don't we all use that as an opportunity?
    under 123. that would be...splendid sounding actually.
    half of me just wants to stick to getting to 132 and the other half of me wants to bloody weigh at 125-121. bad Sam. that is flirting with something else.
    i'm the opposite. i am okay with all things sugar. i've developed a fear of protein. funny girl i am - but only because protein makes me bloat and gain for some unknown reason! possibly because i'm the only human being on earth to have a body like this.
    focus on yourself, love.
    i don't know what to think of this plan yet. i'm mostly all for you eating when you need it and do take that into consideration. i sound hypocritical right now because i wasn't able to walk to the bathroom today without feeling slightly faint. bad Sam

    -Sam Lupin
    PS. i love you <3

    ReplyDelete